Friday, November 30, 2007

Today has been a much more productive day! Do you hear the freedom? No more cough syrups, no more of those awkward little dosing cups or syringes. I am still taking Sudafed, the real stuff, not the PE. Long story short: I am clueless as to this whole meth thing, that some meds are only available behind the counter, you know, the ones I need... I bought the Sudafed PE, my approved list said Sudafed, and that is what they had, I saw no card for Sudafed (no PE in front of it)... Peyton has been really active ever since I took a couple doses of the PE, and Merrill claims she is detoxing now. No worries, I have the right stuff (after going to two different stores). I thought I could be done today too with the meds, but I still felt that sick feeling in my head...
I got all of the Christmas cards done, ready for the mail tomorrow. That is an accomplishment for me, considering I wanted them sent out last week...
I also lay awake last night dreaming about my Hall of Fame entry for CK magazine. I have always wanted to do it, never have. I did enter the Scrapbooker of the Year contest over a year ago. $10,000 sounded really good, like enough to have a baby and a most of a new car. It was kind of a downer, not winning, but to see how much being SOY really entails, I'm so glad it wasn't me! (Like I had the chance...) So Hall of Fame... Brooke really got me thinking, and I read the rules in this month's mag and decided I'd do it. It isn't nearly as much work as I had to put into SOY (20 original layouts, product lists, color copies of all, a portfolio for them, and an essay...) this one sounds like much more fun too. So I've been dreaming about the details for my submissions...
Got a BIG package via UPS today. Although I have to say it's really Santa's deal and not so much mine ;)... Ashley got all excited when she heard the doorbell ring and then a quick knock. I knew what it was, I tried to distract her. I put off going outside to bring it in and then hide it until I had them distracted. I thought I did... Ash came up and saw me struggling to bring it in (it was a lot bigger and heavier than I thought.) she of course started to ask what it was. I kept telling her I really didn't know. She left and I tried to take it to hide it. Before I knew it, Lynn was right there, really excited. She asked what it was. I told her a package. She said, "Let's open it and see what's inside!" Thinking, creatively and on the spot, I told her that we couldn't, it wasn't ours, it was Santa's. She said, "If it's from Santa, then it's for us! Let's open it!" I told her that we were not supposed to open it, he sent it to us so it could be here for him on Christmas Eve, it was too heavy for his sleigh. She still wanted to open it. The only way I could get her to leave it alone was to tell her I was going to have to send it back and tell Santa that we couldn't keep it because she wanted to peek. That settled it. Then another question came. How do I know all of this? I told her that I talk to Santa, everyday just about, either on the phone or via e-mail. That seemed to satisfy her. She's been good all day since then too...

No comments: