Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lofty Aspirations...

Here's the 3 month old...Here's a funny one of her...
See that crazy look in her eye? She's totally gangster, dude... "What? You wanna piece of me?!?", she says...
And this... getting to my post title... THIS is an indication of how my day went... and I had better post about it before it is tomorrow.
So if you have talked to me today (5-13-08) you may want to skim, or you may want to be enlightened as to my shortness and grouchiness...
Yes that is 2 (two) caffeine free Diet Cokes... I am like an alcoholic when it comes to bad days and pop... I need it! ( I don't want it, I just need it, to breath, to fell, to know I'm alive... -TOOL...) I can't always restrain myself.
So...
I got up, got Lynn ready and off to pre-school. Got Ash and Peyton all ready, I was waiting to take a shower after I got Peyton down for her nap which she was going to take after I took the above "3 month old" photos...
Knock-knock...
Surprise!
Visitors.
Me: no make-up, no hair (but a nice greasy mess atop my head...), and pjs...
While they are here, mom comes along...
Surprise! (#2)
So my lofty aspirations of #1- showering and being all ready and decent to go and pick Lynn up from school have been flushed away. Was it rude of me to at least clean my house while they were here? ( which was aspiration #2, by the way...)
Mom went to get Lynn.
She did bring back lunch for all of us. Good thing: I didn't have to argue with the girls what to fix for lunch. Bad thing: Mom wanted to eat outside, with all the kids so they could play and eat... let's just drag out my day more... see, I am still a little grumpy...
Everyone is gone, and my shower is ready to finally begin... oops! Gotta pump, Peyton is asleep, and the ol' milk factory is producing extra these days... Lynn comes upstairs to tell me that Ash has taken a ballpoint pen to one of my CLOTH COVERED SCRAPBOOK ALBUMS.
Aaarrghhh!!!
Hand sanitizer works ok, for future reference, but doesn't take it out completely.
Yeah, I got out of the shower after 3 pm. Started cleaning my house around 4:30ish... My vacuum sucks so bad, it DOESN"T SUCK... so while I am vacuuming my entire bedroom with the hand attachment to be sure to get up all of the lint that bugs me so bad... (red lint on creme carpet...) I notice Ash sitting on the windowsill in their room... her back is pressing against the screen... the bedrooms are on the SECOND STORY.... I get her to get down and explain what "mortality" means... frankly, I have invested too much in this kid (a c-section and kernel removal from the nose...) to have her plunge to her death from a second story window...
So now I need a- a new vacuum, or b- new carpet so my existing vacuum will work correctly, and c- bunk beds, placed away from any windows. If Mer calls me now... this is gonna be one expensive conversation...
Got dinner done! But how hard can turkey sandwiches be???
Got flowers planted, but not all of them...
Still needed to get out to the store to get a project that needs to be done tomorrow, that I found out about yesterday... but Peyton is hungry, and apparently I missed phone calls while out in the yard...
Yeah, that's where the grumpiness kicks in to full gear...
Church stuff...
I wish that leaders would appreciate that I can have revelation too. I have been given stewardship over the Primary, my calling. And they just don't get it...
I do appreciate GOOD FRIENDS who put up with me and help me!!! ;)
But we still have positions to fill, promptings to follow through with, and more families moving away...
So I go to Wal-Mart to get those supplies for that project.... at least I had exact change...
I have my project waiting, my "supplies" to help me get it done, and two missed episodes of CSI on on-demand to help me also...
My vacuum is still waiting for me in the living room.
I don't even want to list what else I had planned to get accomplished for today... and yet I know that so many others have it worse... this is just my kind of crummy though...
See... "lofty aspirations"...

4 comments:

Ally0005 said...

Moms are entitled to have grumpy days. I hope today is a better day for you.

Six-Pack Momma said...

I'm here for ya, Min. Hope the soda and chocolate helped. :)

Summer said...

Peyton is sooo cute! I love the cheeks!!! In the second one she looks like she is about to lay some smack down on somebody.

Dani and Tom said...

Sounds like my day, glad to know someone else wanted to go back to bed and not get out. Peyton is so cute, I mean honestly could she look anymore like Merrill? Love it...