Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Summertime Flashback...

July 1999...
Bear Lake...
*WARNING!!!*
The quality of these flashback pictures are Sucky with a capital "S"... they were taken back in 1999, with a 35mm camera, and scanned in today, July 17th, 2008... so don't knock 'em! They're all I have...
Now enjoy my memory, dangit!
Here's Merrill and Clint, when Clint was so little...
This was my first trip to Bear Lake with Merrill and his family. I had been many times with my own family and we would camp on the beach, the extent of our toys were beach balls, a raft, and scuba gear. Don't get me wrong, we had a blast... With Merrill's family, we stayed in a condo at a resort and brought many toys, jet skis, volleyball net, water trampoline... we had a lot of fun too.
This is one of those toys... a "fungulator", aka, giant slingshot. In this pic, we were flinging water balloons quite a ways away at unknowing people who were playing miniature golf... tee-hee!Some fun had while playing volleyball occurred during a match, me and Mer, against Austin and Nathan. We were kicking butt the whole game, up until the very end (maybe they were hustling us...) and we were trying to keep our ground. It got down to game point, and we were going to win. We both went after the ball, both yelling: "MINE!!!" and we both got a piece of it, Merrill got a piece of my eye too. I got quite a shiner, Mer got teased relentlessly by his family about how he beats his girlfriend... he felt so bad! He babied me the rest of the trip. It was a few months after that, that he proposed. I guess I deserved it...(Not that great of a pic... refer to the warning at the beginning of the post...)

We also had a lot of fun on the jet skis. Anybody who has been to Bear Lake knows that the water isn't as warm as other places... in other words, cold... my comparison, Lake Powell (aaahhhh...) So it was quite an evening when Mer and I went out jet skiing in some of the biggest waves I've ever seen at Bear Lake. We were trying so hard to stay on, usually falling off and crashing, getting all wet is the funnest part of jet skiing... not that night. We were freezing and drenched by the time that ride was over. Thank heavens for warm Spaghetti O's Darlene had made for us!
We also had rented a wave runner while we were there. I asked Mer if it would dump people like on the jet skis. His answer, "It would be really hard." We went out for a ride, me, hanging on behind him while he drove. In the middle of the Lake, he stopped and we switched places. I dumped him :)...

4 comments:

Brooke said...

spaghetti o's... yummy!

Mindy said...

dudes...
what's up with the text tool... the size is screwy and it's bugging me!!!

jaclyn said...

i remember that trip, yet i don't remember that trip, weird

Tiffany Nash said...

Looks like fun! Got to the love the dating game.