Sunday, February 22, 2009

Some craftin'..

It's hard to craft when you have a sick baby, who only wants to snuggle with mama, not dad.. but I did manage to get a few things done.. and I'll be danged if I forgot to take pics of the cute b-day gifts I made for a lady I visit teach!! Oh, well..
This one hangs on my front door (how I wish it were painted black, still.. *sigh*). It's a paper mache letter painted and the edges inked with StazOn, then embellished with a bookplate and some cute ribbon I found at Michael's.
This one was easier.. Cricut, my buddy and the plate was found at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I can't help but think of the movie "Click" whenever I go in there!
Watch for a give away on this one soon :D

5 comments:

Emalee said...

Oh I want a cricut.....will I love it if i get it?

Mindy said...

Oh, yes!!! I heard that I think it's Micheal's, or was it JoAnn's, that has a personal Cricut (smaller but does more stuff than mine) on sale for $100 and the cartridges are $38.. good deals, and well worth it!

kdance10 said...

Those are both darling. Everything you make is though.Thanks for always sharing

BookwormMom said...

You will LOVE your cricut if you get one...and Mindy, you are always welcome to borrow my Expression if there's something you want to try that yours doesn't do....

I was thinking, though, that maybe when it gets warm again, we should do a "door painting" Party...I really want to paint my front door too...

Danielle said...

Cute! They are great ideas, thanks for sharing!!