Saturday, June 6, 2009

My new tan-line(s)..

Out in the sun for the better part of the day, and it was so much fun!!
Brooke and I took our kiddos to the air show on base..


It was nice that it was cooler than usual for this time of the year, and I am sure that the breeze every now and then was just for us as well :)
My trusty new (and very pink :D) backpack did me well.. lots of water storage!
It was so fun, doing something I have done my WHOLE LIFE with someone who was experiencing it for the first time, and was so excited for it.

Peyton catching a nap..

Sure, we can see it from our house, but there is nothing like being right on the runway, with tens of thousands of other people, seeing the maneuvers up close.. I love the Thunderbirds!!
I love living here, my heart swells to hear the sound of the F-16s flying overhead.

The girls and one of the Thunderbirds.

Can you believe that Ashley didn't want to be in this pic?!
Puh-lease.. I would have wrapped my legs around both of these guys hugging them!
(They are pilots of the Thunderbirds..)
She must have been intimidated by their hotness and awesomeness..

It sucked, because the crowd was SO large, we were stuck sitting back a lot farther than I have ever before, so there was the tail of another aircraft right where the Thunderbirds were showing how daring and cool they are.. oh, well... the sound more than made up for it :) Ashley kept telling me that it shook her chest, and she liked it!

Evan's reactions were too cute..

I missed the F-22 (I love the Raptors!!) and the B-2 (always a fav.).. :(
An awesome day.. got a tan, quality time with people I love, and plenty of exercise (walking) in :)

Peyton didn't mind the noise, she is MY girl :)


We had to get the Thunderbird souvenir jets before we did anything.. the girls remember that from past trips..

Thanks for going with me Brooke!

8 comments:

kdance10 said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I absolutly love the last two pictures they are so neat the clouds in the background almost look fake they are so pretty. My nephew got baptised today so we didn't make it this year. I love going and watching your right it always fun watching it up close:)

Natalie said...

Thanks for the visual...laughed my butt off....:)

Ally0005 said...

These are really fun to go to. I have not gone to one in years.

GRAMEE said...

that looks like so much fun!
your kids are too adorable!
we took the kids to air shows when young..

long long time ago..lol

Christina said...

So you were one of the thousands of people that got to stay and actually watch the Thunderbird show... while my sister and I carted the children back to the car due to a diaper emergency. Sympathy over the view? Gone. Mostly because of the pic with the pilots! Tons of envy there... :)

Emalee said...

looks like you had so much fun. I don't ever remember going as a child so I don't think I have been. I wanted to go this year. Maybe next year!

Jamie said...

I didn't get a pic with those pilots... I'm totally jealous! Maybe my little girl would've enjoyed it a little more if she could've had a visual of who was flying? Actually, she is a bit too young... I hope she doesn't notice that sort of stuff for a few more years :)

Platt Family said...

We were able to go on Fri! Super cool huh! BUT I did not get a picture with the pilots, wow! Nice!