Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's getting to be that time of the year..

I usually get the mail.

That prevents many issues. Most of them happening at the same time.

A) The girls will usually fight over who gets to go and retrieve it from the mailbox.

B) The fit that follows when one of them cannot access smaller pieces of mail in the box or the fit that is thrown as mail is lost on their way to the house.. slipped through the cracks of small arms.

C) Catalogs/Ads that will suddenly inform my children of things that they "need".

See, if I get it done, I avoid all of these things.

Yesterday I wished I had when I saw the catalogs making their way up the driveway.

The inevitable soon followed.. there was an American Girl catalog and another one with Halloween Costumes, or if you have children like mine, dress-ups. They know them to be good all year round, not just on one night.

They sat for the better part of the afternoon and evening, poring over every page, every detail, of every item.. dreaming.. making plans.

sept wk2 001

"I want to be this.. and Pey can be that.."

"I want this for Christmas!! I am going to ask Santa for that.."

So it begins.

Halloween is understandable, but Christmas already?

It must be getting to be that time of the year.

No comments: