Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year...

It really is..  despite the business, and stress, at the end of the day, when I still can't believe that Christmas is really almost here, I am thankful for this time of the year.
We have been keeping busy with a lot of projects, a lot of baking,



and just life in general.
Friday, we had some visitors who definitely helped to brighten our day...



I am sure Santa is pleased with his little elves.
There continue to be those silly moments provided by the kiddos in this house.
Just a few examples:



This is (sadly) my cleavege.
It also happens to be the safest, and best place for Peyton to keep her binky.  It is always exciting when she wants to put it there say, during church..
It is also fun to see Merrill's expression when I tried to take this picture.
Here is Ashley with some of her latest art projects:
"Planet of Fruit"
(And some vegetables, I might add..  she ran out of subjects quickly.)
Notice "Upside Down Face Lettuce Man" and I think they are cannibals..  there is some kind of green fruit eating a berry of sorts...
Sacrament meeting was her main muse for this project.




But this project...
It is a perpetual project.
I am unable to tell you how many times she drew this one today.
The high number is partly due to Peyton, and her love of erasing...  the other part due to Ashley and her affections for a certain little boy.
(Whose name I did not tire of writing...)



No matter how rottent hey can be during the day, they are always so sweet when they are asleep...


3 comments:

Ally's Corner said...

I think that is a great place to keep a binky!!!

Julie said...

What a fun time you've been having. I'll have to show Brandon Ashley's artwork.

BookwormMom said...

Love the binky stash :)....

Yes, I also keep reminding myself, that no matter how naughty they are, they're perfect when they're asleep!