Friday, January 8, 2010

Yummy Corn Puffs..

Something very good lies in wait inside of this unassuming bag...  the contents are pictured below.
(And no, it is not fun stuff from Office Max purchased at 15% off...)


I got some of these last Christmas as treats circulated, petitioned someone for the recipe, found a version of it, made them, but they didn't turn out. :(
This year, I found the source, got the recipe, and they turned out!!
My family loves them...
(I think I do more though..)

Corn Puffs



2 cups sugar
1 pound of butter (I KNOW!!  But they are soooo good..)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Karo Syrup

Bring all ingredients to a boil and boil for 5 1/2 - 6 minutes (I would suggest the lesser..) and pour over the corn puffs (they usually sell them in the chip area of the grocery store in GIANT bags).  It's a good idea to do it in a paper bag, then fold the top and shake it up.  You can store it in the paper bag or in an airtight container.
I will warn you, the bottom of the bag is the best part. :)


I guess that I have to go scrap a traditional layout now too...  you know those goals!

No comments: