Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Birthday Shirts..

Peyton’s second birthday is fast approaching and I wanted a special shirt for her day.
I ironed heat and bond onto my desired fabrics, then I traced the pieces for the cupcake onto the backside of the appropriate color.  I cut those out, then ironed them on, starting with the base of the cupcake.  I sewed around that, using a straight stitch.  I moved up to the frosting layer and did the same thing.
Before I ironed on the number candle or the little flame, I marked where they would be, and did a straight stitch forward and then backward a few times to make a little wick for the candle.
After that I added the number candle and flame the same way I did the other two pieces.
JanFeb 139
JanFeb 142
I made another one for my nephew, Tyler, who turned one!  (Where has this past year gone?)
I saw a plush iron on at the store, and thought, I can so make that..  or I can “sew” make that, if you want it to be “pun-ny”  or funny, if you will.
(Someone is tired..)
I used felt instead of fabric for this one, but used the same heat and bond, iron on then sew technique.  I did add a button for his little eye.
JanFeb 136 JanFeb 138
I was pretty excited with how cute they turned out!
Go here and here  for patterns.

6 comments:

courtneycash said...

SUPER CUTE!!! My friend Liberty just did the same thing with a sweatshirt - libbydibbystuff.blogspot.com

I'm so inspired!
Valentine's Day, Easter, Birthdays...

Ally's Corner said...

You have no idea how much money you can make doing the things you do. Where is your Etsy store?

kdance10 said...

K will you seriously make me a cute one for Jace's 2nd birthday?

jaclyn said...

would you make me a cupcake one for my 32 b-day? :)

Tiffany said...

So cute! I love this idea!

Julie said...

Cute shirt. I'm sure Pey will love it.