Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Biding my time.

I am here, armed with a grocery list, and the youngest two of my children, fully expecting that if I leave at this moment, I will not make it home in time to greet my oldest as she comes home from school. 

So, instead of getting out and getting to it, I sit here, read a few blogs, while the two color wonderful pictures for me (and dad too, of course).

In the activity of blog-hopping, I came to one of my newest friends, and rather enjoyed this little questionnaire, so I thought I would re-post (with my own answers of course) and see just how much (or little) we all have in common.

1. If you could describe your desired lifestyle in one word, what would it be?

Homey, and I don’t mean the “g-funk” kind, I mean the kind of lifestyle where we could just stay home, that we would all want to stay home, perhaps even go as far to have all that we need come to us?  Dreamy, I know.

2. What style of home is your “House of Dream”?

Honestly, a ranch out in the middle of nowhere.  (But with a Target and JoAnn’s at least a half-hour away.)  It would have to have a  wrap-around porch, a bench swing on the porch with a few rocking chairs, lots of trees, with swings and a tree house, and a screen door.  Somewhere where we could be away from it all, keep to ourselves, but still have the fun weather we do.  (All of this seems funny to me, I just love my neighbors so much, but my dream is to be solitary?)

3. If you could live in a fictional story or movie, which would it be and why.

Okay, here comes my big confession.

Ever since I was little, I loved the story of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.  There is something so exciting, so enticing to me, about, again, living off in the middle of nowhere, keeping house and taking care of others.  Having good, worthy work to do, and being with the ones I love.

I didn’t care for the part where her stepmother orders the woodsman to kill her, or the part where she is enticed to eat a poisoned apple, just all the in-between stuff.

4. Do you prefer coffee or tea?  Which kind?

Here comes another confession.. 

I tried coffee.  I like the smell, wanted to see what it was all about.  Bleh.  The only tea I have ever had was one for my “fun” all-natural acne regimen in high school.  I was so thankful to learn, after downing an entire 8 ounce cup of goldenseal tea (and trying to not throw up), that I could swallow the capsules whole.   I choose to not drink coffee or tea.  I do love a good cup of cocoa or spiced cider though!

5. Share the last sweet/romantic thing your hubby did for you.

It is kind of a given, it was our tenth anniversary Monday..  he sent me flowers, chocolates, and a gift card for whatever restaurant I want to go to.  He is always doing sweet stuff for me, so it is usually a daily occurrence for a sweet/kind/romantic gesture to happen around here.  I love the guy!

No comments: