Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oxygen.

We need oxygen to survive right?

(Well, unless you are superhuman..  or a vampire..)

You know how on an airplane, when they are running through their emergency spiel, they talk about those oxygen masks that will fall from the ceiling of the plane if the cabin loses air pressure?  And you know how they put emphasis on YOU putting on YOUR mask before YOU help ANYONE else?  Well, there was an analogy I heard YEARS ago dealing with that, that is now playing a very relevant role in my life.

If YOU don’t take care of YOURSELF, YOU cannot effectively (or  very cheerfully) take care of ANYONE else.

Kind of like, if you don’t have oxygen (necessary component for sustaining life) you can’t help anyone else survive.

I am making a point, everyday, to make sure I get that needed “oxygen”. 

I love being a mom, and I am SO THANKFUL that I am blessed with the life I live, that I get to stay home with my kids, do what I enjoy.  But sometimes, for sanity’s sake, I need a little break.

Whether it be crafting, reading, scrapping, taking pictures, or doing anything else I enjoy, just to take a break, I have learned how very important it is to take care of me.

And that is probably one of the reasons why I am blogging at this hour.  Just a little “me” time.

7 comments:

BookwormMom said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

kdance10 said...

Dido!!! Today was one of those days:) Call me sometime so we can let the kids play before they go back to school.

Ally's Corner said...

I think women or men at that matter think women are selfish if we take any time for ourselves. I know I told my DH that I need to take care of myself right now, meaning I need to make some doctor appointments that I have been putting off. I said I have to take of me so I can better take care of everyone else.

anniebobannie said...

ditto!! I totally agree!!! if your tank is empty, you cannot give to anyone else!

Jocelyn said...

Amen sister!!! I totally whole heartedly agree!!!

Crystal said...

I love it. This is so true. Great post.

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

I think every mom needs a little break. My mom never took one, and I could see the toll it took on her. She was burnt out by the time I was 14!I don't want to be a tired mom. I want to be excited about my children and all their accomplishments every day!