Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day two.

feb 15 008

I am thankful to have a mom and dad (mommer and pop as I like to call them on occasion) who love me.

They always have.

I love them back, because, what’s not to love?

We have always had a tight relationship.  I am thankful for that too.

They have been there for the tough times, for my joys, with me in my hardships.  They always pray for me.  They are always there when I need advice, or to tell me that I am wrong.  They have always been there to put their arms around me, to greet me in love or to boost my spirits.

My mom has always been my best friend, my greatest example.  She is who I look to for the motivation to be a righteous mother in difficult times.  She is also a beaming example of what living a Christ-like life is all about.  She is selfless in her service to all, but I love that she is there for all of us.

(Ashley might love her even more..  she wishes that my mom was her mom.) 

My dad is where I get a lot of my personality traits from.  (Thanks dad!)  I always look forward to the hug and the kiss on my cheek or on my forehead that he always seems to have, just for me.  He has always been there to answer questions, whatever they may be, no matter the time of day (or late at night, or way too early in the morning..  remember when I woke up peeing blood?  Yeah, that was early!)

They are truly a blessing in my life, an example of what I want my marriage to be, what kind of a parent I need to be.

2 comments:

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

your parents sound awesome! ;)

Janet said...

I'm grateful for you, Mind. We try to do our best for you, our children and grandchildren, and in turn hope that you are better parents than we were (and you are), then with each generation improving on the other, we will have some perfect parents. You make us feel successful, and we love you.