Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Valentine-y Re-cap.

v-day7

If you know Merrill, he isn’t a real romantic kind of a guy.

(Love you just the way you are!)

That being said, we don’t really do (and I don’t expect) much for this holiday.

We make it all about the kids.

This year, he made their day, and as a result, melted my heart.

I do special things for the whole family, making a fun dessert (chocolate covered strawberries and the like), and a fancy-ish dinner.  We always have a small gift for the girls too.

When he came home, the girls were outside playing.  As soon as he came in, he ran to the bedroom and came back with a single red rose for each of us.  I only wish I could have captured their faces when he gave each of them theirs.

He made them feel so special!

   v-day11 v-day9

I made the girls these:

v-day10

(You can see more about them here.)

They also got kids “Just Dance” (I am already tired of those songs!) and “Bedtime Stories”.  We all enjoy that movie.

v-day13 

He, yup, he melted my heart!

Hope you all had a fantastic Valentine’s day as well.

2 comments:

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

that is so sweet! :)

MEK said...

What a sweet heart you have!!